I am jealous of those who think more deeply, who write better, who draw better, who look better, who live better, who love better than I.— Sylvia Plath (via wordsnquotes)
DIY Project with Etude House Bubble Hair Dye
The day after my birthday, I went to SM Fairview. Nope, I didn’t have a date or anything. I met up with another seller from olx.ph - my second transaction, btw - that sells Korean products for really low prices. I took advantage of their sale and bought a lot of stuff - Nature Republic By Flower BB Cream, The Face Shop Aloe Vera Cleansing Foam, 3W Clinic Green Tea Cleansing Foam and some stuff from Etude House.
At first, I was hesitant to buy this Bubble Dye (Natural Brown) due to the inconsistency of reviews I’ve read and seen. When I buy a product that I never tried before, I tend to look for positive reviews about it so I could really know if it’s worth my money. After reading blog reviews and watching Youtube demos, this product didn’t absolutely convince me. There was a little or no change at all with the color.
Because I was itching to dye my roots and I had no money for an expensive hair color treatment, I decided to just go with it. Besides, I got it for 42% off the mall price which is Php428! To be accurate and to take off the burden of using your calculator, I got it for only 240 pesos. Cheap, right?
If I might add, my initial problem wasn’t with this product. It’s with the shop because there’s no feedback; their FB page and website weren’t updated. I’ve texted their numbers a lot of times just to make sure it’s a legit and trusted shop. Here’s a tip: please make sure to check the shop’s feedback before making the transaction especially if it’s in olx.ph! I’m sure you’ve read of rumors and news of people getting scammed, receiving fake and wrong items, blah blah. So far, I haven’t encountered anything of the sort and I’m hoping that I never will.
After doing my stuff in SM Fairview, I met up with the seller at Fairview Terraces. I talked to her for awhile and asked her why she’s selling Korean products for low prices. Then, I saw her cute son! I was surprised when he spoke in Korean. It turns out that her husband is Korean who buys their merchandise in the factory outlet/store in Korea, hence the low prices. She assured me that all the items are brand new and authentic.
This is actually my second time to dye my hair on my own. I can’t remember the first product I used but it was only 50 pesos in Watson’s. Considering the price, there wasn’t really anything to expect with that product.
As a first time user, I’ve decided to document my experience with this Bubble Hair Dye in Natural Brown. Etude House offers seven colors. I picked Natural Brown because it’s the safest color haha! As you can see, the instructions are written in Korean. However, the photos depicting the process of how to apply the product are easy to follow. The box contains:
- hair colorant
- pump bottle with the developer inside
- plastic gloves, and shoulder cover
- perfume conditioner
- instruction manual in Korean
I’ll be skipping the process since it’s actually quite easy and boring. Above, you can see the foamy substance which I applied carefully on my hair. Because of the thickness and uneven coloring of my hair, I had to maximize and use it up to the very last drop.
Let’s fast forward to the obligatory before and after photos. Please don’t be fooled. My hair right now is not as vibrant as pictured above, it’s also not very orange-y. These two were taken in different light settings, the right one was taken under direct sunlight that’s why you can really see the color haha! My hair before using the product had still hints of my ombre treatment before so I didn’t focus on the tips.
In reality, my hair color now is subtle, the roots naturally appear dark brown. Seeing the photos also reminded me to get a haircut so I can finally get rid of my remaining ombre’d tips. In fact, my brother said he didn’t see any difference. In defense of this product, you really need to look at my hair under direct sunlight in order to spot the change. In my opinion, these are the selling points of this product:
- Easy to use (mix, pump, apply and wait!)
- Mild smell of the substance (because it’s ammonnia-free)
- Safe to use
- Accessible (you can get it in almost all Etude House stores or online shops)
- The conditioner worked wonders!
What I didn’t like about it was it made my hair dry and coarse for a few days. While waiting, there was also a bit of an itching sensation that made me want to wash it off immediately. One box wasn’t enough for a long and thick hair like mine to have a definitely good coverage.
All in all, the product was so-so. I’d probably buy it again in a different and bolder color like Gold Blonde or Sweet Orange, if I were to cut my hair short - which is unlikely to happen any time soon.
I don’t have many photos to share because my brother refused to help me in taking photos. Losing our camera’s memory card left me no other choice but to use my camera phone - which explains the low quality of the photos in this post.
Sa bawat paglipas..
Sa bawat paglipas ng segundo
di mo mapapansin ang paghinga ko,
ang bawat galaw ng aking katawan
at kung ano laman ng aking isipan
Sa bawat paglipas ng minuto
di ko alam kung saan ako tutungo
takot sa mga maaring mangyayari
lalo na kapag wala ka sa aking tabi
Sa bawat paglipas ng oras
walang katiyakan ang bukas
ano kaya ang gagawin ko
pag ako ay biglang iniwan mo?
Sa bawat paglipas ng araw
di maiwasan ang pagtanaw
sa mga nangyari sa nakaraan
noong tayo’y magkaibigan lamang
Sa bawat paglipas ng panahon
mga alaala’y tila nakabaon
isinama mo sa iyong hukay
kahit ako’y patuloy na nabubuhay
My 19th Birthday in Bullets:
- The day before my actual birthday, I went out and ate lunch with my friends at Bigoli Trinoma. Originally, my plan was to eat at A Veneto Napoli Pizzeria because I want to try their seafood marina as recommended by my sisters. Unfortunately, it was closed due to gas issues.
- After lunch, I met up with a seller in MRT Guadalupe to get the film camera I bought from olx.ph. It was my first time to buy from olx.ph and I really had to check the feed backs of the shop before making the transaction. The seller is accommodating and very friendly. I was supposed to buy only one, but she gave me the other camera as a freebie. I got two cameras for the price of one! Now, I’m saving up for an Instax and for a lot of things.
- On my actual birthday which is August 31, I spent most of the day in bed - doing some online window shopping and just the mundane stuff I usually do when there’s internet. You’d think I do something special because it’s my birthday. But no, I’m not really big on celebrating my birthday. In fact, I never had a birthday party in my entire life. Well, I’m not really a party person. Then, we had family dinner at Bulgogi Brothers MOA.
- On a totally different note, I purchased a domain for my blog at Pangalan! I would like to thank theleiregeel for sharing their promo on her blog. I got mine for only 199 pesos for one year. At first, I was a bit apprehensive about getting one because I’m not really an active blogger. But then I thought, why not? Besides, I wanted to take advantage of their promo. The minimum price of a domain per year, as far as I know, is 500 pesos. Also, having my own domain seems awesome. So you can now access my blog by typing in randomella.com! I didn’t want to use my surname so I chose randomella instead - which perfectly rhymes with nutella haha!
- I kinda missed writing down my wish list. I wanted to blog about my birthday wish list but I never got the chance to list everything down because it keeps on getting longer haha. Plus, we didn’t have internet at the dorm for almost a month. Nica and I frequented Cafe Ella for the past weeks (nope, I don’t own the place but it would be cool to have my own coffee shop in the future) just to chill and take advantage of their free wifi.
- Going back to my wish list, I actually want a lot of things. But on top of my list are a black combat boots either from Dr. Martens or Palladium, a rose gold watch, Instax and a trip to the salon for a hair make-over. Besides those stuff, I also want a boyfriend who will love me forever. Haha kidding!
- So how do I feel now that I am 19 yrs. old? It’s feel weird now that I’m on the last ‘teen’ year. Life is a blur and just like that, I am an adult accountable for all of my decisions and actions. More responsibility, more obligations and more school works now that I’m on my third year in college.
- Just an update on my monthly reading challenge. This August, I got to read 5 books - Deception Point, Inferno, Dear John, Lady Susan and The Moon and More. I am hoping that I will also get to read 5 books this September even if I am swamped with papers to write and handouts to read.
(Photo taken by my gorgeous friend theresemercado)